While British protesters may still find pies their weapons of choice, glitter is fast becoming the American protest pick.
The latest victim? The counseling center of presidential candidate Michele Bachmann’s husband Marcus. The clinic, which receives federal and state funding, has come under fire for reportedly using “pray-away-the-gay” techniques.
Marcus Bachmann has come under fire for his strong views on homosexuality, with much of the focus on an interview in which he called anyone with homosexual tendencies “barbarian.”
To show their displeasure, gay and lesbian activists donned Viking-esque attire, called themselves a “gay, barbarian horde” and descended on the clinic to shower the lobby with glitter.
- Horde of ‘gay barbarians’ glitter Bachmann clinic (crooksandliars.com)
- Horde of Gay Barbarians Glitterbomb Marcus Bachmann’s Clinic (gawker.com)
- Gay “barbarians” descend on Bachmann’s clinic (salon.com)
- Gay ‘barbarians’ descend on Marcus and Michele Bachmann’s clinic, demand discipline (therainbowpost.com)
- Savage Love (news.icanhascheezburger.com)