By David Lose, Christian theologian & author of ‘Making Sense of Scripture’:
David Lose writes… Cards on the table:
1) I read the Bible — not as much as I should, I’m sure, but still pretty regularly. Moreover, I get paid to talk about the Bible with folks all across the country and have written a popular book to help people read the Bible with more confidence and enjoyment. So, you could say, I’m a pretty big fan of the good book.
2) I was a little shocked to discover that three in ten Americans read the Bible literally. That is, about a third of the American populace takes everything the Bible says at face value, reading as they would a history or science textbook.
3) I don’t read the Bible this way, and can’t imagine doing so.
Click here to see four reasons why… (according to David Lose…)
- Believer defends non-literal reading of the Bible (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- David Lose’s book: ‘Making Sense of Scripture’