The five New Hampshire staffers, who quit Friday had not — as of Saturday morning — been in touch with the campaign to resign in a formal fashion,the Bachmann campaign tells NBC News.
Of the campaign’s former New Hampshire Director Jeff Chidester, campaign spokewoman Alice Stewart told NBC, “He talked to the media — just not us.”
The Bachmann campaign learned of the departures Friday through media reports. This explains why Bachmann herself questioned the reports during a phone interview with Radio Iowa Friday afternoon — and why the campaign said, in a statement issued after 5:00 pm ET Friday: “We have a great team in New Hampshire, and we have not been notified that anyone is leaving the campaign.”
Chidester confirmed his own departure, and that of four others, via text to NBC last night. All five paid New Hampshire staffers to the campaign left — Jeff Chidester, Nicole Yurek, Matt LeDuc, Caroline Gigler, and Tom Lukacz.
- Bachmann loses New Hampshire staff (cbsnews.com)
- Key aide leaves Bachmann for Perry in mass exodus of NH campaign staff – CBS News (news.google.com)
- Bachmann’s N.H. Campaign Manager Confirms He Is Leaving (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Bachmann Disputes Collapse Of Her N.H. Operation (blogs.wsj.com)
- Bachmann denies N.H. staff has quit (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- AP sources: Bachmann staff in New Hampshire quits (sfgate.com)
- Bachmann Aide Who Quit in NH Will Work for Perry (newser.com)
- Michele Bachmann Denies Entire New Hampshire Team Resigned Because Of Iowa Focus (brandtstandard.com)